After you enjoy some Truth Serum from Iechyd Da Brewing Company on Tuesday evening, Aug. 5, you can head to the opposite end of Main Street on Wednesday, Aug. 6, for another tap party. New Paradigm Brewing Company is hosting a tap takeover with Burn ’Em Brewing from Michigan City. Burn ’Em is relatively new and is in the process of constructing its own brewpub facility. It was recently featured at a beer dinner hosted by LaSalle Kitchen and Tavern.
Steve Murray of Burn ’Em Brewing is no stranger to the local brewing community. He was a bartender and brewer at Greenbush Brewing Company before opening his own brewery in February of last year. Brandon and Bethany Stanley of New Paradigm have been friends with Steve and the rest of his crew for several years, so it was natural to invite them for this tap takeover celebration.
Here is the tap list:
- Brindle Brown: This lightly-hopped brown ale was named after their brindle Pit Bull
- Joey Wheat: American wheat ale brewed with Infusco Coffee Roasters, Kenyan roast
- MCA: Five hop IPA, juicy deliciousness
- 1 Grain, 1 Hop, 1 Beer: This is from Burn ’Em’s DIPA SMASH (single malt, single hop) Brews series. The brewery uses one grain, and features one hop to pinpoint the exact flavor and aroma associated with that particular strain. This time the brewery used Pacific Gem, a great hop with notes of blackberry and melon, as well as a nice earthy aroma.
- Red Dead Revelvet: This hybrid style red stout was brewed with red wheat, lactose and cocoa nibs, and was fermented with bourbon soaked vanilla beans.
I had a chance to meet Steve and some of his crew at the Blue Chip Brewfest preview earlier this year and was quite impressed with their beer. Their beer has been showing up in more Michiana bars and restaurants recently, so keep your eyes open.
New Paradigm Brewing Co.’s doors will open for the tap takeover at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 6. The brewery is located at 600 S. Main St. in Elkhart.