Refreshing and sweet. You can use honey or agave instead of sugar can increase the healthy benefits of this juice — add the extra bonus of using local honey. Did you know that one cup of strawberries contains 160 percent of your daily needs for Vitamin C? Strawberries also contain fiber, calcium, and folic acid. And lemons can help with a wide variety of ailments, from acne to anxiety. Lemons have strong anti-viral and anti-bacterial components that help our bodies internally and externally. So while you’re enjoying this chilled drink on a hot day, you’re also getting a dose of immune boosting vitamins.
- 1 pint (1 box) strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of club soda, sparkling water
- 1 lemon, for the peel and juice
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ cup honey, agave, or sugar
- Boil one cup of water in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the strawberries and cook until softened and add the sugar you choose and a couple slices of lemon zest.
- After it is melted, remove from heat.
- Add in the club soda and lemon juice.
- Serve over ice with a strawberry on lemon the glass.