Spinach Strawberry Salad
This salad is filling enough for it to be an entire lunch. It’s easy and tasty. Using a balsamic vinegar dressing keeps the flavor simple and sweet, but the salad will still taste good using whichever dressing you prefer. Personally, I always throw in some dill because it goes great with the dressing and fruit, but feel free to throw in other fresh herbs, too.
This salad is versatile, and can easily be built upon. If I’m eating this salad as a whole meal, for example, I always try to include some protein — chicken, fish, or in this case, white beans. I also try to add something fatty like avocado, olive oil, or cheese. In this case I used nuts.
- 2 large handfuls of spinach, rinsed and fresh
- 1 large pear, diced
- 4-5 strawberries, diced
- 1 cup shaved almonds
- 1 can of white beans, rinsed
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey drizzled on top for extra sweetness
- 3-4 sprigs of dill
- Chop and dice all the ingredients.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and pour in balsamic and honey.
- Gently toss everything together to make sure all the leaves have some dressing before serving.