This super moist and dairy-free banana bread is easy to make and perfect for a lazy weekend morning. I love playing with my banana bread recipe, and sometimes I use apple sauce to fill in if I don’t have enough bananas. You can switch the walnuts out and use raisins instead, or chunks of fruit.
Banana Nut Bread
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of brown Sugar
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or raisins)
- honey or agave nectar to top the bread after baking (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch bread pan.
- Make the dairy free buttermilk. Mix half a cup of coconut milk with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar).
- Mix the sugar and melted butter together in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs, bananas, vanilla, and milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl while mixing.
- Add the chopped walnuts if you want them at the end and mix in.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center of the loaf.